In this delicious salad with feta and almonds, asparagus spears are sliced into beautiful thin ribbons that are softened by a tangy vinaigrette. Feta cheese and almonds add crunch and texture to the dish.
Shaved asparagus salad with feta cheese and almonds
- 2 bunches thick asparagus spears ,approx. 2 lbs
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 chopped roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup diced feta cheese
On a hot grill, place 12 asparagus spears and cook, turning often,until tender.
To make the vinaigrette, combine the lemon juice and zest, the white wine vinegar, the shallot as well as the salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and adjust the seasoning to taste.
With a vegetable peeler, slice the remaining asparagus into long strips and place in a large bowl. Add the feta and almonds. Toss with the vinaigrette.
To serve this dish, place the asparagus ribbons on a salad plate, top with grilled asparagus spears and extra vinaigrette.