These chocolate and zucchini muffins are delicious and moist, with big flavor. The zucchini flavor blends in with the banana and chocolate seamlessly. You can opt for including 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans for added texture.
Chocolate and zucchini muffins
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup 2 %milk (or soy milk)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 F, and line a muffin pan with liners.
In a large bowl, combine the first 8 dry ingredients, and mix well using a whisk.
Add the zucchini and banana, and mix well using a large wooden spoon or a spatula.
In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Add to the flour mixture and stir until well combined, careful not to overmix. Stir in the chocolate chips, and fill the muffin pan using an ice cream scoop.
Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Muffins can cool on a wire rack.