The next time you find yourself tempted by a quick processed snack, reach for your blender and whip up this delicious recipe. It is sweetened by the banana and agave nectar, and a tablespoon of peanut butter and 1/2 cup yogurt make it filling and tasty.
Banana, kale, and raspberry smoothie
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup shredded kale with the stems removed as they are not broken down by a regular blender
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 cup ice approx 6 large ice cubes
- 1/2 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp natural peanut or almond butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Tip: You can store washed and chopped kale in a ziploc by 1 cup measures with a paper towel in to absorb moisture. It will cut down prep time for the remaining days of the week!