This delicious salad is inspired by a favorite at Joe’s Stone Crab in South Beach, Florida. The dressing is slightly sweet and the colorful veggies make it appealing to the eye. You could serve this on any type of lettuce wedge for a fabulous appetizer course.
Romaine wedge with Joe's dressing
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 3 Romaine lettuce hearts
Mix apple cider vinegar, salt, sugar, cayenne, and add the olive oil, by mixing with a whisk. Add the shallot, parsley and red pepper and adjust seasoning to taste.
Slice 3 Romaine lettuce hearts in half and serve with salad dressing on top.