This arugula and pear salad, with pomegranate and goat cheese, is a great way to use the beautiful seasonal fruits and vegetables that are available this time of year. The contrast in this salad between the sweetness of the pear and pomegranate, and the tartness of the goat cheese, is lovely. Try it for the holidays or just for a delicious lunch salad you can take to work.
Arugula salad with goat cheese, pear, pomegranate, and pistachios
- 8 cups arugula, lightly packed
- 2 ripe pears, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese or feta, cubed
- 1/4 cup pistachios, toasted
- 1 large shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sherry or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar with salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil unit well incorporated.
Combine the arugula with the pomegranate seeds, pear slices, pistachios, and cheese. Toss with the salad dressing.