This delicious marinated tomato recipe was adapted from Ludovic Lefebvre of Petit Trois restaurants in LA. It really takes tomatoes to a whole new level and is my new go to recipe. It has unexpected ingredients that seem to work magic on the flavors. Try this marinade, you will not regret it, with burrata or goat cheese, hard boiled eggs, or even on avocado toast. Enjoy!
- 6 ripe tomatoes or approx 5 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 scraped vanilla bean pod
- salt, pepper to taste
Place tomatoes in a heatproof glass container, cut side down. Add the basil to the tomatoes.
Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, honey, 1/4 scraped vanilla bean pod, and coriander seeds in a sauce pot. Bring to a boil.
Pour the boiling marinade over the tomatoes. Allow to cool to room temperature and marinate tomatoes in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Season with salt and pepper before serving.