Roasted butternut squash is such an easy side dish to prepare, especially when you buy it in bite-size cubes available at Costco (from Los Angeles Salad Company). All that is left for you to do is toss with seasonings and roast in the oven. In this recipe, the squash is paired with maple syrup, then spiced up with Worcestershire sauce and a bit of hot sauce. Simple and delicious.
Roasted butternut squash
- 2 lbs chopped butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce or sriracha
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Place the chopped butternut squash on a baking tray, and toss with the remaining ingredients.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until edges start to darken. Toss once during baking.