These simple sweet, and spicy roasted vegetables are a delicious side dish to serve with roast beef or lamb. The honey and spices are a fabulous combination that bring out the vegetables’ natural flavors. You will make this side dish again and again to rave reviews!
Note: Fine Cooking recommends using the leftover vegetables to make a delicious soup the next day. Just add chicken stock, some wild rice and any roast you have leftover, season to taste. Simple and easy!
Sweet and spicy roasted vegetables
- 20 small carrots, chopped into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon harissa
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon each Fine sea salt and ground pepper, or to taste
Preheat oven to 450 F.
Place the chopped vegetables on a large baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle the spices, and thyme evenly over the vegetable. Toss to coat evenly. Add honey, sea salt and pepper, and toss until incorporated.
Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until nicely browned.