Thai mango salad
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 ripe but firm mangoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- ½ cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted salted peanuts
- Generous pinch of chile flakes optional
- Salt to taste
Zest one of the limes and place in a medium bowl. Add the juice of both limes to the bowl, about ¼ cup.
Whisk in soy sauce, sugar, and sliced red onion. Slowly add the canola and sesame oils, making sure the dressing is well combined.
Peel mangos and julienne large sections with a mandolin.
Slice the green onions and red peppers into very thin slices.
Toss the mangos, carrot, red pepper and green onions in a bowl. Add the cilantro and peanuts and mix in the salad dressing. Adjust seasoning at this point if necessary.
Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce, and sprinkle with chile flakes, peanuts, and cilantro before serving.