Zucchini chocolate brownies
makes 8 large brownies
- 2 cups white spelt or all purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- Pinch fine salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup brown rice syrup or agave nectar, or replace with maple syrup
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee
- ½ cup milk or soy milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup high quality chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9 X 11 inch baking dish with parchment.
Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the ½ cup vegetable oil, shredded zucchini, syrups, coffee, soy milk and vanilla. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, being careful not to overbeat.
Pour half the batter into the baking dish. Sprinkle with half the chocolate chips. Pour the rest of the batter into the baking dish, and sprinkle with the rest of the chocolate chips.
Bake for 30 minutes (less if your pan is shallow, more if your pan is deep), or until a toothpick has just a bit of chocolate on it when you test the cake. Cool.