Cream cheese brownies
This recipe makes 9 large or 12 medium brownies.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3 oz mini chocolate chips
- For the cheesecake topping:
- 4 oz Philadelphia cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour an 8 inch square brownie pan.
Mix 1/2 cup all purpose flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sea salt, and set aside. Melt 6 oz chocolate chips and the two sticks of butter in the microwave and allow to cool for a few minutes.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, 1 cup sugar, coffee granules, and vanilla extract with a whisk until frothy. Incorporate the chocolate and butter mixture into the beaten eggs and stir with a spatula until well combined. Add the flour mixture. Toss the 3 oz mini chocolate chips with the remaining 2 tablespoons flour and add to the brownie mix. Spread mixture evenly in the prepared pan.
Mix the ingredients for the cream cheese topping in a bowl and spread evenly on top of the brownie mixture. You can use a knife to create swirls at this point.
Bake for 35 minutes. Cool brownies on a rack.