Beef Stir Fry
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cup Smoked meat, shredded or cubed (or other cooked protein)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1/2 red pepper, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cooked
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
- 3 cups white rice
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (or regular)
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce (can also use teriyaki)
- 2 tbsp scallions, minced (for garnish)
Start by heating a wok pan. Don’t worry if you don’t have one, I used a regular non-stick pan and it was perfect.
Warm vegetable oil, about 1-2 tablespoons at medium-high heat. Add beef and sauté until crisped.
Fish the beef out of the pan, and reduce heat to medium. Add the garlic and ginger and stir fry for about 30 seconds. Add the remaining vegetables to the pan and cook till softened, about 7-10 minutes. Add the beef back into the pan.
Make a space in the middle of the pan for the eggs. Stir until cooked and mix with the vegetables and beef.
Add the rice and the sauce ingredients (soy sauce, sesame oil and hoisin) and increase heat until all ingredients heated. Top with scallions and serve.