- 1 head cauliflower (or one bag store bought cauliflower rice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds ,can be done in toaster oven on bake setting for 5 minutes
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce, sriracha, or harissa Optional
- 1/3 cup minced parsley (keep some leaves for garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt or to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
Remove cauliflower core, and cut the florets into medium size. Process in a food processor with the S blade, until the cauliflower resembles grains of rice.
Wrap the cauliflower rice in a clean absorbent dish towel and squeeze out as much excess moisture from the cauliflower rice as you can.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat, and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute or so. Add the cauliflower rice, hot sauce (if using), and cook for about 5 to 8 minutes.
Remove from the heat, and add the toasted almonds, lemon juice and parsley. Adjust seasonings, and serve with extra parsley on top, as well as extra lemon wedges.