- 6 ripe tomatoes or approx 5 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 scraped vanilla bean pod
- salt, pepper to taste
Place tomatoes in a heatproof glass container, cut side down. Add the basil to the tomatoes.
Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, honey, 1/4 scraped vanilla bean pod, and coriander seeds in a sauce pot. Bring to a boil.
Pour the boiling marinade over the tomatoes. Allow to cool to room temperature and marinate tomatoes in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Season with salt and pepper before serving.